Brisbane Renters Alliance have produced a zine which provides an introduction to our Eviction Defenders campaign.
- Approx 500,000 Queenslanders have experienced homelessness in their lifetime.
- Over 50,000 Queenslanders are currently stuck on the public housing waiting list, including over 15,000 children.
- Of Queenslanders who access homelessness services:
- 35% have experienced family/domestic violence;
- almost 50% are under 25 years old;
- 34% are First Nations people.
- While 75% of renters want to become homeowners, 65% of people believe owning a home isn't really an option anymore for young Australians.
- Housing Stress is spending more than 30% of your income on housing costs: